Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July Down South

Spent 4th of July weekend in El Paso, TX this year with my pop's side of the fam. Although fireworks were banned this year, I had an amazing time. What can I say?! My familia rocks.

My oh so fashionable cousin, Effiey, made sure I was always out and about. Never a dull moment with him. (Miss you already, Preemeez!) In between all the family cook-outs and the night outings to local bars and clubs, we saved an afternoon to head south of the border into Juarez, Mexico, also known as J-Town amongst the El Paso-ans.

For anyone that's ever crossed a land border into Mexico, you'll know what I mean when I say it feels like you enter into a different world. Without getting into too much detail,  I'm happy to say it's gotten a lot better within the past year or so. Thumbs up to that!

Check out my weather appropriate outfit:




Top - H&M
Shorts - Gift
Booties - Steve Madden


And yes, it was scorching hot out there, but I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I decided to visit El Paso (the desert) in the summer. Nothing but love!


Here's one more. My preemeez and I on Friday night.


Paz<3>

Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment